Ji Jin Hee Profile
- Birth Name: 지진희 (Ji Jin Hee)
- Stage Name: Ji Jin Hee
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1971.06.24
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Chinese Zodiac: Pig
- Height: 178 cm (5’83”)
- Weight: 71 kg (156.5 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Agency: Ikkle Entertainment
- Personal Social Media: Instagram, Fancafe
Ji Jin Hee Facts & TMI
- Ji Jin Hee was born and grew up in Seoul.
- Born in 1971 as the only son, he debuted as an advertising model in 1997.
- He graduated from Myongji College majoring in visual design.
- He is a devout Catholic, his baptismal name is Yohan (John).
- He married four years younger wife Lee Soo Yeon. The couple has two sons, the eldest was born in 2005 and the youngest son was born in 2012.
- He began acting as a theater actor in 1998, and made his official debut in singer Cho Sung Bin’s music video in 1999.
- Since then, he had appeared in various projects as supporting characters until 2002.
- Ji Jin Hee started to gain attention in 2003 after being cast as the male protagonist in MBC’s historical drama ‘Dae Jang Geum’.
- He is one of the most likable middle-aged actors in Korea with a handsome appearance, somehow quiet and calming atmosphere, but unexpectedly witty on variety shows.
- Ji Jin Hee has a lot of hobbies, from photography, climbing, cycling, pottery, golf, baseball, etc.
- He’s also a Lego Otaku. He also has a hobby of collecting plastic car model. In addition, he seems to be good at making leather products himself.
- He has released 2 photo essays.
- He was also known as a Blackberry enthusiast in the past.
- He is a craft enthusiast, he loves creating pottery crafts, leather crafts, metal crafts, etc.
- He always takes care of his body by exercising.
- Ji Jin Hee has expert-level climbing skills.
- His mother ran a restaurant in front of Ewha Womans University in Seoul until his early debut.
- He loves wine, so he wrote and published an Italian travelogue and wine guidebook.
- He is a fan of the Doosan Bears.
- He was active in the celebrity baseball team called Playboys.
- The photos of his friendship trip with Hwang Jung Min and Cho Seung Woo became viral among South Korean netizens. As Ji Jin Hee posted these photos on Cho Seung Woo and Hwang Jung Min‘s fan cafe, these photos remained as famous photos that have been talked about on the Internet until now.
- He has appeared in so many remakes that he got the nickname “Remake-specialist actor’.
- He has a lot of gay fans. He has topped the queer community’s ideal type surveys for several consecutive years. His popularity has fallen slightly from his heyday, but he remains popular among the gay community. Ji Jin Hee himself knows about this fact and expressed his gratitude towards his gay fans.
- His wife is working as an advertisement director.
- He has been uploading his mirror selfies and selfies in the car onto his Instagram account.
‘H’ as Detective Kang Tae Hyun (2002)
‘If You Were Me’ as Driver (2003/ Segment: “Face Value”)
‘Perhaps Love’ as Monty (2005/ Chinese film)
‘Bewitching Attraction’ as Park Seok Gyu (2006)
‘The Old Garden’ as Oh Hyun Woo (2007)
‘Soo’ as Jang Tae Soo (2007)
‘Meet Mr. Daddy’ as Ha Sun Young’s husband (2007/ cameo)
‘Paradise’ as Il Ho (2009/ Telecinema)
‘Parallel Life’ as Kim Seok Hyun (2010)
‘Looking for My Wife’ as Ji Sung Hee (2010)
‘Thomas & Friends: Misty Island Rescue’ as The Narrator (2011/ Animated film, Korean dubbed)
‘Love Fiction’ as Joo Ro (2012)
‘Ghost Sweepers’ (2012)
‘On the Way’ as Park Jun Ho (2014/ Chinese film)
‘Bad Sister’ as Chinese film (2014/ Chinese film)
‘Helios’ as Choi Min Ho (2015/ Hong Kong film)
‘Summer Snow’ as Myung Hwan (2015)
‘Female Secretary’ (KBS2/ 2000)
‘MBC Best Theater: Beautiful Man’ (MBC/ 2000)
‘Juliet’s Man’ as Choi Seung Woo (SBS/ 2000)
‘MBC Best Theater: Seongju Puri’ (MBC/ 2001)
‘Four Sisters’ as Han Tae Suk (MBC/ 2001)
‘Afternoon After the Passing Rain’ as Hong Dae Jin (MBC & Fuji TV/ 2002/ Korean-Japanese co-production)
‘Love Letter’ as Jung Woo Jin (MBC/ 2003)
‘MBC Best Theater: Our Writing Class’ (MBC/ 2003)
‘MBC Best Theater: Farewell Waltz’ (MBC/ 2003)
‘Dae Jang Geum’ as Min Jeong Ho (MBC/ 2003)
‘Hanppyeom Drama: What’s in Her Refrigerator?’ (MBC/ 2003)
‘Miss Kim’s Million Dollar Quest’ as Park Moo Yeol (SBS/ 2004)
‘MBC Best Theater: Big Brother Is Back’ (MBC/ 2004)
‘Spring Day’ as Go Eun Ho (SBS/ 2005)
‘Hanppyeom Drama: Rosy Life’ as Cafe owner (MBC/ 2005)
‘The 100th Bride’ as Han Wei (2005/ Taiwanese Drama)
‘Spotlight’ as Oh Tae Suk (MBC/ 2008)
‘Star’s Lover’ as Ma Ri’s actor ex-boyfriend (SBS/ 2008/ Cameo, episode 8)
‘He Who Can’t Marry’ as Jo Jae Hee (KBS2/ 2009)
‘Dong Yi’ as King Sukjong (MBC/ 2010)
‘Take Care of Us, Captain’ as Kim Yoon Sung (SBS/ 2012)
‘My Husband Got a Family’ as Pastor (KBS2/ 2012/ Cameo, episode 19)
‘The Great Seer’ as Yi Seong Gye (SBS/ 2012)
‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ as Seon Jung Nam (tvN/ 2013/ Cameo, episode 1)
‘One Warm Word’ as Yoo Jae Hak (SBS/ 2013)
‘Blood’ as Lee Jae Wook (KBS2/ 2015)
‘Late Night Restaurant’ as Young Shik (SBS/ 2015/ Guest appearance, episodes 4-5)
‘I Have a Lover’ as Choi Jin Eon (SBS/ 2015)
‘Snow Lotus Flower (Lucid Dream)’ as Lee Soo Hyun (SBS/ 2015)
‘Second To Last Love’ as Go Sang Sik (SBS/ 2016)
‘Misty’ as Kang Tae Wook (JTBC/ 2018)
‘Designated Survivor: 60 Days’ as Park Moo Jin (tvN/ 2019)
‘Undercover’ as Han Jeong Hyeon/ Lee Suk Kyu (JTBC/ 2021)
‘Move to Heaven’ as Han Jung Woo (Netflix/ 2021)
‘The Road: Tragedy of One’ as Baek Soo Hyeon (tvN/ 2021)
‘Like a Third-rate Movie’ by Jo Sung Bin (1999)
‘Once Upon a Day’ by Kim Bum Soo (2000)
‘Never’ by Jo Sung Mo (2001)
‘Running Man’ (SBS/ 2012, 2016)
‘Where on Earth??’ (KBS2/ 2018/ Cast member)
‘Dining Together’ (JTBC/ 2018/ Guest)
‘Yoo Quiz on the Block’ (tvN/ 2018/ Guest)
‘Golvengers’ (tvN/ 2021/ Cast member)
If you have more fun facts about Ji Jin Hee, write down in the comment section below!