Park Bogum Profile
- Birth Name: 박보검 (Park Bogum)
- Stage Name: Park Bogum
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1993.06.16
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
- Height: 181 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 71 kg (154.3 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Agency: Blossom Entertainment
- Debut: 2011
- Personal Social Media: Fancafe, Twitter, Youtube
Park Bogum Facts & TMI
- Park Bogum was born and grew up in Seoul.
- His family consists of father, an older sister (born 1983), and an older brother (1984).
- His mother passed away when he was still in the 4th grade of elementary school.
- Park Bogum is a devout Christian.
- He belongs to Bannam Park’s clan.
- He debuted in a 2011 movie ‘Blind’.
- After starring in various movies and dramas as supporting character, he had his breakthrough in 2016 through ‘Reply 1988’ portraying a genius baduk player Choi Taek.
- His next work ‘Love in The Moonlight’ also became a commercial hit in 2016.
- Thanks to the combination of acting skill, handsome appearance, and angel-like image, Park Bogum ruled South Korea entertainment industry in 2016.
- He has become the blue-chip of the advertisement industry and maintains top star status since 2016.
- Along with the popularity of his projects, Park Bogum become one of the most popular Hallyu actors.
- He described his personality as optimistic and spontaneous.
- It was revealed that his MBTI personality type is ESFJ-A.
- Every people who know or meet Park Bogum in person always praising his personality.
- He thinks that his role in the movie ‘Chinatown’ helped him to grow as an actor.
- He seems to maintain good relationships with actors that he worked together with including Kim Goeun, Seo Inguk, ‘Reply 1988’ casts, Kwak Dongyeon.
- He is best friend with V of BTS, the two often went on vacancies together.
- He is also very close to former labelmate Song Joongki, both were seen crying during Park Bogum’s acceptance speech at ‘KBS Drama Awards 2016’.
- Park Bogum is currently completing military duty as a Navy promotional personnel.
- In 2016, his pictorial with Vogue Taiwan became the highest-selling magazine pictorial in the country with over 80.000 copies sold.
- He is known for having a 1:8 head to body proportion.
- In 2017, he was rumored to be a member of the controversial Jesus Centered Church. In fact, his family did convert from Buddhism to Christianity with the lead of the church’s founder, Pastor Lee Choseok.
- His name “Park Bogum” is an uncommon name in Korea, he said that the name was given to him by a pastor. His name has the meaning of “precious sword”.
- Park Bogum is consistently listed in various listicles including Most Favorable Advertising Model (5th rank in 2017; 4th rank in 2018; 2nd rank in 2019; 3rd rank in 2020), Gallup Shining Actor Index (1st rank in 2016; 4th rank in 2017; 4th rank in 2018; 4th rank in 2019; 2nd rank in 2020), Forbes Korea Power Celebrity List (1st rank in 2017; 8th rank in 2018; 18th rank in 2019; 37th rank in 2020).
- He became the youngest artist to top 2016 Gallup Korea Television Actor of the Year at the age of 23.
- In 2017, he became the first actor to top Forbes Power Celebrity List.
- Park Bogum shared that since he was baby, his father loved to take his video using a camcorder, so it’s not awkward for him to pose or act in front of camera.
- He can play the piano, he learned to play the piano since he was a child.
- Instead of becoming an actor, he wanted to pursue singing career.
- He has a lot of interests in music.
- In 2018, he graduated from the Movie and Musical Department, Myungji University.
- He is currently taking a master degree in Music at Sangmyung University.
- He confessed that the last time he had a girlfriend is when he was in high school.
- His ideal type is someone who is kind, honest, can have fun together with, have similar religious views or values, and can take good care of him.
- Park Bogum is famous for his boyfie pics/ 남친짤.
- He crossdressed for a scene in the drama ‘Wonderful Mama’.
- Park Bogum is very close to actor Go Gyungpyo, he even went to visit Go Gyungpyo’s parents despite his busy schedule. According to Go Gyungpyo, Park Bogum is more macho than he appeared to be and is a big eater. They also went to New York for a holiday together.
- He doesn’t smoke or drink.
- His first fan meeting in 2016 was attended by 3,500 people.
- Park Bogum’s father put his name as a guarantor for $300.000 loan that he took to start a business.
- When he was a child he almost lost his life because of an illness.
- During 2015~2016 he became the MC for KBS ‘Music Bank’.
- In 2016, Park Bogum held Asia Fanmeeting Tour to 8 cities in Asia including Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Hongkong, and Taipei with a total of 30.000 people attending the tour.
- It was revealed that he was a fan of Fin.K.L and Lee Hyori.
- He collaborated with R&B singer Sam Kim to release a song titled ‘All My Love’ that was released on August 8, 2020.
- His nicknames are Baby Deer, BaBogum, Bogummy, etc.
- In the 2018 Korea Winter Olympic, Park Bogum became one of the torchbearers representing Korea.
‘Blind’ as Min Donghyun (2011)
‘Runway Cop’ as young Cha Chulsoo (2012)
‘A Hard Day’ as Officer Lee Jinho (2014)
‘The Admiral: Roaring Currents’ as Bae Soobong (2014)
‘Twinkle-Twinkle Pitter-Patter’ as Junwoo (2014/ Short film)
‘Coin Locker Girl’ as Park Seokhyun (2015)
‘Seo Bok’ as Seo Bok (2021)
‘Wonderland’ as TBA (2021)
‘Hero’ as Kang Dongwoo (OCN/ 2012)
‘Drama Special: Still Picture’ as young Kim Hyunsoo (KBS2/ 2012)
‘Bridal Mask’ as Han Minkyu (SBS/ 2012)
‘Wonderful Mama’ as Go Youngjoon (KBS2/ 2013)
‘Wonderful Days’ as Young Kang Dongseok (KBS2/ 2014)
‘Naeil’s Cantabile’ as Lee Yoonhoo (KBS2/ 2014)
‘The Producers’ as Himself (KBS2/ 2015)
‘Hello Monster’ as Jung Sunho/ Lee Min (KBS2/ 2015)
‘Reply 1988’ as Choi Taek (tvN/ 2015~2016)
‘Love in the Moonlight’ as Lee Yeong (KBS2/ 2016)
‘Encounter’ as Kim Jinhyuk (tvN/ 2018~2019)
‘Itaewon Class’ as New cook at Sooah’s restaurant (JTBC/ 2020)
‘Record of Youth’ as Sa Hyejoon (tvN/ 2020~2021)
‘Forget You’ by d.ear (2015)
‘I Will Give You All’ by Lee Seungchul (2020)
‘Youth Over Flowers: Africa’ (tvN/ 2015/ Cast member)
‘1 Night 2 Days’ (KBS2/ 2016/ Guest episode 154~156)
‘Infinite Challenge: 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Special’ (MBC/ 2017/ Guest episode 524~526)
‘Hyori’s Homestay’ (JTBC/ 2020/ Guest)
‘Yoo Heeyeol’s Sketchbook’ (KBS2/ 2020/ Guest with Lee Seungchul)
‘Music Bank’ (KBS2/ 2015~2016/ co-host with Irene)
’29th KBS Drama Awards’ (KBS2/ 2015/ co-host with Jun Hyunmoo & Kim Sohyun)
‘KBS Song Festival’ (KBS2/ 2016/ co-host with Seolhyun)
’30th KBS Drama Awards’ (KBS2/ 2016/ co-host with Jun Hyunmoo & Kim Jiwon)
‘Music Bank World Tour: Singapore’ (KBS2/ 2017/ co-host with Irene)
‘Music Bank World Tour: Indonesia’ (KBS2/ 2017/ co-host with Irene)
’19th Mnet Asian Music Awards’ (Mnet/ 2017)
‘Music Bank World Tour: Chile’ (KBS2/ 2018)
’54th Baeksang Arts Awards’ (JTBC/ 2018/ co-host with Shin Dongyup and Suzy)
‘Music Bank World Tour: Berlin’ (KBS2/ 2018/ co-host with Jeon Somi)
‘Music Bank World Tour: Hong Kong’ (KBS2/ 2018)
‘2018 MAMA Fans’ Choice in Japan’ (Mnet/ 2018)
’55th Baeksang Arts Awards’ (JTBC/ 2019/ co-host with Shin Dongyup and Suzy)
‘2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards’ (Mnet/ 2019)
’56th Baeksang Arts Awards’ (JTBC/ 2019/ co-host with Shin Dongyup and Suzy)
If you have more fun facts about Park Bogum, write down in the comment section below!