Kim Jae Wook Profile
- Birth Name: 김재욱 (Kim Jae Uck)
- Stage Name: Kim Jae Wook/ Kim Jae Uck
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1983.04.02
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Chinese Zodiac: Pig
- Height: 183 cm (6’00”)
- Weight: N/A
- Blood Type: B
- Agency: Managemen SOOP/ SOOP Entertainment
- Personal Social Media: Instagram
Kim Jae Wook Facts & TMI
- Kim Jae Wook was born in Gangnam, Seoul.
- His family consists of mother, father, and an elder brother.
- He is an atheist.
- He has two pets: a Russian Blue cat called Muryang and a Shih Tzu puppy called Daeum.
- He made an acting debut through the drama ‘Do It Your Way’ in 2002.
- Before becoming an actor, he was active as a model.
- He debuted as a model when he was in high school.
- His father worked as a contributor reporter in Japan. Thus, his family moved to Japan when he was a baby. They lived in Japan for 7 years.
- Having lived in Japan since he was a baby, he became fluent in Japanese.
- He could hardly speak Korean when he returned to Korea around the time he entered elementary school.
- Due to the influence of learning Japanese first before Korean, he was cast as Japanese in several projects including the drama ‘Coffe Prince’ and film ‘The Last Princess’.
- Kim Jae Wook rose to popularity after starring in the hit drama ‘Coffee Prince’ as Korean-Japanese No Sun Ki.
- At the beginning of his career, Kim Jae Wook attracted viewers with his androgynous look.
- In 2018 he starred in the queer movie ‘Antique’ as a gay patisserie Min Sun Woo.
- He revealed that he even worked part-time in gay bars to observe LGBT life closely before filming ‘Antique’.
- During the filming of the movie ‘Antique’, he became close and even lived together for 7 months with actor Ju Ji Hoon.
- In 2010 he appeared in the drama ‘Bad Guy’ as Hong Tae Soo.
- Since his appearance in ‘Bad Guy’ he become a good friend with actor Kim Nam Gil.
- Kim Jae Wook published a book ‘Top Model’ in 2011 which he wrote with South Korea’s top models Jang Yoon Ju, Ji Hyun Jung, Han Hye Jin, and Song Kyung Ah.
- In 2011, Kim Jae Wook debuted in the musical play ‘Hedwig’ as a transgender who failed to undergo sex-change surgery. His excellent acting in ‘Hedwig’ earned him a lot of praise from critics.
- Kim Jae Wook enlisted as an active-duty soldier for his mandatory military service starting from July 5th, 2011 to April 4th, 2013.
- After portraying several second-lead in dramas and supporting roles in movies, he experienced career resurgence after portraying the charismatic yet brutal psychopath Mo Tae Goo in 2017’s hit drama ‘Voice’. He showed off his presence beyond the main characters in the drama.
- In February 2018 he appeared as genius musician Mozart in a theater play ‘Amadeus’.
- For the first time since his debut, Kim Jae Wook starred in a romantic comedy-drama ‘Her Private Life’ in 2019. He portrayed a director of an art museum called Ryan Gold, making it his first lead male role in a drama.
- Kim Jae Wook was invited by menswear luxury brand Dunhill to Paris Fashion Week 2019.
- In 2020 he teamed up with Martin Margiela of luxury brand Maison Margiela to release a series of promotional videos for the designer.
- Kim Jae Wook is also active as a musician in a band called Walrus.
- He is good at playing the piano.
- He has been a popular student since elementary school because he is good to everyone at school. Unlike many popular male student who was only popular among female student, Kim Jae Wook was also popular among male students and teachers in his school.
- He was a short-distance sprint athlete in elementary school but quit due to injury.
- In 2000 he auditioned in MBC survival program called ‘Akdong Club’ that became his very first TV appearance. The show aimed to create an idol group, but in audition interview, he answered, “I’ll do rock,” and got eliminated.
- His ideal type is a woman who looks good without makeup, just like his mother.
- Kim Jae Wook is a graduate of Dankook High School in Gangnam, and a former vocalist of the school band Gaksital, which was famous among female students in the neighborhood.
- He is a heavy smoker. He smoke Marlboro Red for a long time but recently changed to American Spirit.
- He is a supporter of the EPL club Liverpool and KBO team Hanwha Eagles.
- He is left-handed.
- Celebs who are said to be his lookalikes are former VIXX member Hongbin and SF9’s member Hwiyoung.
- He is quite an idealist when it comes to selecting his project.
- After playing Min Sun Woo in the movie ‘Antique’, he received a confession from a gay.
- He maintains close friendships with ‘Coffee Prince’ co-stars Kim Dong Wook, Gong Yoo, and Yoon Eun Hye.
- Kim Jae Wook is also a best friend of actor Ryu Deok Hwan.
- Until now, Kim Jae Wook, Ryu Deok Hwan, and Ju Ji Hoon are known as old best friends after being introduced by the late Lee Eon.
- While in the army, he became close to ballad singer Park Hyo Shin and actor Lee Joon Hyuk.
- In 2019, Kim Jae Wook was involved in a dating rumor with actress Lee El, after the actress uploaded a sleeping photo of Kim Jae Wook on her Instagram. Both parties denied the rumor, claiming that the two are only best friends.
‘Antique’ as Min Sun Woo (2008)
‘Heart of Gold’ as Yoo Sung (2010)
‘Bang’ as Alex (2010)
‘C’est Si Bon’ as Kang Myung Chan (2015/ Cameo)
‘Planck Constant’ as Kim Woo Joo (2015)
‘Two Rooms, Two Nights’ as In Sung (2016)
‘The Last Princess’ as So Takeyuki (2016)
‘Another Way’ as Soo Wan (2017)
‘Butterfly Sleep’ as Soh Chan Hae (2018)
‘Ruler of Your Own World’ as Ki Hong (MBC/ 2002)
‘Coffee Prince’ sd Noh Sun Ki (MBC/ 2007)
‘Dal-ja’s Spring’ as Choon Ha (KBS2/ 2007)
‘The Kingdom of The Winds’ as Chu Bal So (KBS2/ 2008)
‘Give Me Your Memory: Pygmalion’s Love’ as Kim Gyeon (BeeTV/ 2010)
‘Bad Guy’ as Hong Tae Sung (SBS/ 2010)
‘Marry Me, Mary!’ as Byun Jung In (KBS2/ 2010)
‘Who Are You?’ as Lee Hyung Joon (tvN/ 2013)
‘Inspiring Generation’ as Kim Soo Ok (KBS2/ 2014)
‘Drama Festival: 4teen’ as Adult Joon Yi (MBC/ 2014/ Cameo)
‘Sweet Temptation’ as Seok Min (Naver TV Cast/ 2015)
‘Voice’ as Mo Tae Gu (OCN /2017)
‘Temperature of Love’ as Park Jung Woo (SBS/ 2017)
‘The Guest’ as Choi Yoon (OCN/ 2018)
‘Quiz of God: Reboot’ as (OCN/ 2018/ Cameo)
‘Her Private Life’ as Ryan Gold (tvN/ 2019)
‘Crazy Love‘ as Noh Go Jin (KBS2/ 2022)
‘Hedwig and the Angry Inch’ as Hedwig (2011)
‘Amadeus’ as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (2018)
‘Minstrel Park In Hwan’ (2021)
‘Ice Fortress’ by Dear Cloud (2007)
‘Seoul Witch’ by Walrus (2011)
‘To be’ by Walrus (2011)
‘The Brand New Blues’ by IAMNOT (2015)
‘Special’ by DICKPUNKS (2019)
‘SHAKER’ by SUMIN (2019)
‘Good Day’ (MBC/ 2007/ Guest)
‘Come to Play’ (MBC/ 2008/ Guest)
‘Director’s Cut Season 1’ (Mnet/ 2010)
‘Director’s Cut Season 2’ (Mnet/ 2011/ as a member Walrus)
‘Life Bar’ (tvN/ 2018/ Guest)
‘Fun-Staurant’ (KBS2/ 2021/ Guest)
If you have more fun facts about Kim Jae Wook, write down in the comment section below!