Lee Jung Jae Profile
- Birth Name: 이정재 (Lee Jung Jae)
- Stage Name: Lee Jung Jae
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1972.12.15
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Chinese Zodiac: Rat
- Height: 180 cm (5’9)
- Weight: 70 kg (154.3 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Agency: Artist Company
- Personal Social Media: N/A
Lee Jung Jae Facts & TMI
- Lee Jung Jae was born and grew up in Seoul.
- He belongs to Jeonju Lee clan, and is a descendant (20th generation) of Prince Hyoryeong, the Grand Prince of King Taejong from Joseon Dynasty.
- He is a Christian.
- He is a renowned actor in South Korea who has been active in the industry since 1993.
- He made an acting debut through SBS drama ‘Dinosaur Teacher’ in 1993
- He graduated with a master’s degree in Theater and Art from Dongguk University in 2008.
- He rose to fame after appearing in the 1995 drama ‘Sandglass’ as a supporting actor. His portrayal of a romantic bodyguard in the drama brings him massive popularity, even earned him Best New Actor at Baeksang Arts Awards 1995 and Grand Bell Awards 1995.
- He won numerous prestigious awards, including Best Actor at Blue Dragon Film Awards 1999 and Best Supporting Actor at Baeksang Arts Awards 2015.
- He is a distant relative of MC Lee Kyung Kyu and Sunny of SNSD.
- Judging from his sophisticated looks and educational background (he graduated from school in Gangnam area), many would think that he comes from a wealthy family. His parents did come from respected and well-off families, with his mother being an owner of family businesses in the countryside and his father came from a doctor family. The condition started to change during his teenage days, his family suffered from financial problems after his grandfather, who was a doctor, failed consecutively in the parliamentary elections.
- Lee Jung Jae even couldn’t pay tuition fees during his high school days.
- He has an autistic older brother.
- Actually, he doesn’t like talking about the hardships he suffered in the past.
- Before deciding to be an actor, he wanted to pursue career in interior design or art. However, due to his family’s financial circumstances, he couldn’t get into university and started attending an art academy for free with the help of his teacher.
- He also learned about interior and construction in a vocational school.
- When he was working part-time in a cafe in Apgujeong, he was spotted by manager from a talent agency.
- He worked as a model after quitting his part-time jobs in 1993.
- Among actors his age, Lee Jung Jae is known to have wide acting spectrum and excellent acting skills, having played various characters throughout his career.
- His movie ‘The Housemaid’ was invited for screening in Cannes Film Festival 2010.
- Since the 2010s he keeps appearing in hit projects starting from ‘The Thieves’, ‘The Face Reader’, ‘New World’, ‘Assassination’, to ‘Along with the Gods’ series.
- He mentioned ‘City Of The Rising Sun’ as a project that became a turning point in his career. Through this project, he began feeling the excitement of acting for the first time. Lee Jung Jae also made himself a lifetime best friend after appearing together with actor Jung Woo Sung in the movie.
- In 2016, Lee Jung Jae and Jung Woo Sung co-founded an actor management agency called Artist Company.
- He began his military duty when he was about to get famous. Lee Jung Jae enlisted in the military on December 26, 1994. He enlisted together with comedian and Nation’s MC Yoo Jae Suk. The two became friends until now.
- He learned singing and Latin dance for his past projects.
- He owns a Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
- He shared if he didn’t become an actor, he would have become a painter or dancer.
- He is known as a fashionista even among celebrities.
- Lee Jung Jae has not yet married.
- He has shot more than 50 ads throughout his career.
- Many domestic fans pointing out his resemblance to former Barcelona FC’s goalkeeper Claudio Bravo.
- He loves hanging out and drinking.
- Although he was only supposed to make a special appearance in ‘Along with the Gods’ series, he ended up being “dragged” to participated in all promotional activities with the cast members.
- Besides Jung Woo Sung, he is also close to actor Hwang Jung Min, Ha Jung Woo, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Nam Gil, Ju Ji Hoon, Park Sung Woong, and other Sanai Pictures family.
- He has businesses in various fields such as high-end Italian restaurant called Il Mare and construction company Seorim C&D.
- He ranked 24th on Forbes list of Korea Power Celebrity in 2016.
- Lee Jung Jae is dating girlfriend Lim Se Ryung who is also vice president of Daesang Group since 2015.
‘Love is Oh Yeah!’ (1993)
‘The Young Man’ as Lee Han (1994)
‘Albatross’ as Pyeong San (1996)
‘Firebird’ as Young Hoo (1997)
‘Father vs. Son’ as Park Su Seok (1997)
‘An Affair’ as Woo In (1998)
‘City of the Rising Sun’ as Hong Ki (1999)
‘The Uprising’ as Lee Jae Su (1999)
’Interview as Eun Seok (2000)
‘Il Mare’ as Han Sung Hyun (2000)
‘Asako in Ruby Shoes’ as Woo In (2000)
‘Last Present’ as Jung Yong Ki (2001)
‘MOB 2025’ as Dust (2001/ Short film)
‘The Last Witness’ as Detective Oh (2001)
‘Over the Rainbow’ as Lee Jin Su (2002)
‘Oh! Brothers’ as Oh Sang Woo (2003)
‘Typhoon’ as Kang Se Jong (2005)
‘The Accidental Gangster and the Mistaken’ as Courtesan Cheon doong (2008)
‘The Housemaid’ as Hoon (2010)
‘El Fin del Mundo’ as (2012/ Short film)
‘The Thieves’ as Popie (2012 )
‘New World’ as Lee Ja Sung (2013)
The Face Reader’ as Prince Suyang )
‘Big Match’ as Choi Ik Ho (2014)
‘Assassination’ as Yeom Seok Jin (2015)
‘Tik Tok’ as Kang Seung Joon (2016)
‘Operation Chromite’ as Jang Hak Soo (2016)
‘Warriors of the Dawn’ as To Woo (2017)
‘Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds’ as God of Death/ King Yeomra (2017)
‘Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days’ as (King Yeomra) (2018)
‘Svaha: The Sixth Finger’ as Pastor Park (2019)
‘Deliver Us from Evil’ as Ray (2020)
‘Wiretap’ as Ko Chang sun (TBA)
‘Hunt’ as Park Pyung Ho, Also producer (TBA)
‘Dinosaur Teacher’ (SBS/ 1993)
‘Feelings’ as Han Joon (SBS/ 1993)
‘Love Is Blue’ (SBS/ 1995)
‘Sandglass’ as Baek Jae Hee (SBS/ 1995)
‘Snail’ as Dong Cheol (SBS/ 1997)
‘White Nights 3.98’ as Lee Young Jun (SBS/ 1998)
‘Air City’ as Kim Ji Sung (MBC/ 2007)
‘Triple’ as Shin Hwal (MBC/ 2009)
‘Chief of Staff’ as Jang Tae Joon (JTBC/ 2019)
‘Delayed Justice’ as Jang Tae Joon (SBS/ 2021/ Cameo)
‘Squid Game’ as Ki Hoon (Netflix/ 2021)
If you have more fun facts about Lee Jung Jae, write down in the comment section below!