Lee Dong Wook Profile
- Birth Name: 이동욱 (Lee Dong Wook)
- Stage Name: Lee Dong Wook
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1981.11.06
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
- Height: 184.8 cm (6’06”)
- Weight: 72 kg (158.7 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Agency: Kingkong by Starship
- Personal Social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Weibo, VLive, Naver Fancafe, Daum Fancafe
Lee Dong Wook Facts & TMI
- Lee Dong Wook was born and grew up in Seoul.
- His family consists of mother, father, and younger sister Lee Sung Hee.
- Lee Dong Wook was admitted to the Department of Film Art Sejong University but he dropped out of the university. He later enrolled at Joongbu University (Department of Media and Broadcast Art) but he decided to quit for the second time.
- In 1999 Lee Dong Wook won a model competition that brought him the opportunity to debut as an actor in the MBC short drama project ‘There’s A World Outside of the Road’ in the same year.
- In the span of 3 years, he started gaining public recognition after appearing in popular dramas ‘School 2, ‘School 3’, ‘Loving You’, and sitcom ‘Honest Living’.
- Lee Dong Wook got his first drama lead role as well as his breakthrough in the 2005 drama ‘My Girl’.
- Lee Dong Wook is said to have received a lot of offers from the entertainment industry since he was a child.
- Since he attended a private elementary school, he enjoyed various educational opportunities by learning skating, skiing, swimming, and windsurfing at school.
- His house caught fire when he was in the fifth grade of elementary school, so he had to move to a semi-basement house. Not long after, his father’s business went downhill and made his family suffer financially.
- Lee Dong Wook is known to be a family man, ever since his debut in the entertainment industry, he has always been supporting his family by paying his sister’s tuition fee and buying his parents an apartment.
- His childhood dream was to be a firefighter, teacher, and hotelier.
- Throughout his school days, Lee Dong Wook was always in the top 5 in the Korean language class and scored 115 out of 120 in the CSAT language field. For this reason, he dreamt of becoming a Korean language teacher since attending middle school.
- He also dreamed of becoming a hotelier for a while, so he prepared to study in Switzerland to learn hotel business administration.
- He started considering a career as an actor during his second year of high school.
- He was a member of the school broadcasting club back in high school.
- He told his parents that he wanted to be an actor, so his parents sent him to an acting academy.
- He confessed that since his childhood, he has always been taller than friends his age.
- Lee Dong Wook said that he was already 172cm in the sixth grade of elementary school and 178cm in the third grade of middle school, and he was even taller than his homeroom teacher in elementary school.
- During his school days, he was originally one of the ordinary students who were shy and introverted.
- According to his schoolmates, Lee Dong Wook was a popular student in school. It is said that female students from other schools even came to see Lee Dong Wook who has always been famous for his good looks.
- Early in his career, Lee Dong Wook was revealed to be dating actress Oh Soo Min from 1999 to 2003.
- In March 2018, Lee Dong Wook and 13 years younger idol-actress Bae Suzy confirmed their relationship.
- Lee Dong Wook and Suzy broke up in July 2018 after 4 months.
- Shoo of S.E.S, actress Lee Da Hae, and actress Kim Hyun Joo were also rumoured to have had a special relationship with Lee Dong Wook in the past.
- During the first 3 year of his acting career, he worked without professional management, stylist, nor manager.
- In 2019, he became the host for the audition program ‘Produce X 101’ and became close with some of the trainees including Kim Yohan and Cho Seungyoun (WOODZ). It is said that he is still in touch with several trainees from ‘Produce X 101’.
- His best friend Gong Yoo shared that Lee Dong Wook has are very long and pretty eyelashes.
- He is best friend with actress Song Jihyo, comedian Cho Se Ho, Lee Hwi Jae, and Kim Tae Woo of g.o.d.
- He shared that when he was young, he was playing hide-and-seek with his younger brother and the younger brother accidentally hit his nose so hard that made the middle of his nose crooked.
- It is revealed in a variety show that Lee Dong Wook has Siberian genes from his maternal side. It is also revealed that his physical age is 32 years old.
- Some accused him of eye procedure, but Lee Dong Wook denied it by saying that he never got any plastic surgery done.
- He’s afraid of chickens.
- It is said that he always received the perfect attendance award during his school days.
- He can’t eat spicy foods.
- Lee Dong Wook is famous for being bad at taking selfies.
- He said that he would always be dreaming of people pointing fingers and criticizing him before the airing of his dramas.
- He chose his ankle as a body part he is most confident with.
- He said that he would watches mukbang videos when he can’t fall asleep.
- He aspires to be an actor whom the viewers can trust.
- He drinks 3 liters of water every day to stay hydrated.
- Lee Dong Wook lost 5 kg for his role in ‘Strangers from Hell’.
- He claims to be good at doing household chores, he added that cleaning up would lift up his mood.
- Lee Dong Wook’s lookalike includes actor Johnny Depp, SF9’s member Yoo Taeyang, Thai actor Bright, and Olaf(?).
- He revealed that he had a crush on his high school senior, that is also his first love.
- He shared that the longest relationship period he had is four years.
- He once enjoyed ice hockey. He’s good enough to play in the game. He has been active in an ice hockey club and is said to have purchased all the equipment himself.
- He was appointed as an ambassador for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, and his personal purchase of 1,000 tickets for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Paralympics became a hot topic. He bought the ticket because he hopes the Paralympics, which are relatively less noticeable, will receive more attention.
- On March 13, 2018, Lee Dong Wook held a free-of-charge fan meeting attended by 1,000 domestic and foreign fans at Gangneung Art Center as an ambassador for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics and Winter Paralympics.
- He is the second runner of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Paralympics torch relay.
- It is known that Lee Dong Wook really adores his younger sister.
- He used to live with his manager when his manager had a housing problem. He also takes care of people around him very well, he presented sneakers for his staff.
- He didn’t believe in Santa Claus after he witnessed his kindergarten teacher dressed in Santa costume.
- When he was a child, he used to be good at playing the piano.
- He was born with pale skin, he tried to tan his skin but his skin got burnt instead.
- Lee Dong Wook is an otaku, he has over 200 copies of comic books in his house. He mentioned Mitsuru Adachi as his favorite mangaka. He also mentioned ‘Monster’, ‘NANA’, and ‘Neighborhood Story’ as his favorite manga.
- He is raising a dog called Hogu.
- His favorite season is autumn.
- His favorite animal is dogs.
- His favorite color is blue.
- He doesn’t have a religion.
- His favorite scent is the baby powder scent.
- Basically, he is not a picky eater, but he dislikes eggplants.
- He joined a celebrity baseball squad called Han.
- He loves playing with kids.
- He danced to TWICE’s ‘TT’ in his 2017’s Seoul fan meeting.
- Lee Dong Wook is a homebody.
- He spent 2 months as senior-junior in the army with actor and best friend Gong Yoo.
- His mom had a conception dream of a big pig when she was pregnant with Lee Dong Wook.
- He used to be a light smoker.
- Many testified that Lee Dong Wook looks way cooler and more handsome in person.
- Famous drama writer Kim Eun Sook also named Lee Dong Wook as the most handsome actor she knows.
- Lee Dong Wook was voted as a man who looks the best in coats.
- He loves wearing accessories, especially bracelets.
- He revealed that in the past he used to have a complex because he looks somehow older than his real age.
- Many fans think that his pale skin and deep eyehole make him look like a vampire.
‘Arang’ as Lee Hyun Ki (2006)
‘The Perfect Couple’ as Kang Jae Hyuk (2007)
‘Heartbreak Library’ as Kim Joon Oh (2008)
‘The Recipe’ as Kim Hyun Soo (2010)
‘The Beauty Inside’ as Kim Woo Jin (2015)
‘Single in Seoul’ as Park Yeong Ho (2022)
‘Happy New Year’ (TBA)
‘Sunday Best: Coaching’ as Extra (KBS2/ 1999)
‘Best Theater: There’s a World Outside of the Road’ as Lee Sung Joon (MBC/ 1999)
‘School 2’ as Lee Kang San (KBS1/ 1999–2000/ Episode 32~42)
‘Secret’ as Kang Hyun Soo (MBC/ 2000)
‘School 3’ as Lee Kang San (KBS1/ 2000–2001)
‘Family Month Special Drama: A Dreaming Family’ as Hong Chan (KBS2/ 2001)
‘Four Sisters’ as Lee Han Soo (MBC/ 2001/ Episode 1)
‘Golbangi’ as Lee Dong Wook (SBS/ 2001/ Episode 167~247)
‘Best Theater: Fish at the End of the Sea’ as Byung Se (MBC/ 2001)
‘Pure Heart’ as Jang Ho Goo (KBS2/ 2001)
‘Drama City: Hide-and-seek’ as Detective Han (KBS2/ 2001)
‘The Unstoppables’ as Park Sung Jin (SBS/ 2001/ Episode 252)
‘This Is Love’ as Lee Jae Hyun (KBS1/ 2001–2002/ Episode 46~172)
‘That’s Perfect!’ as Lee Dong Wook (SBS/ 2002/ Episode 36 to 74)
‘Drama City: Happier Than Heaven’ as Park Joon Young (KBS2/ 2002)
‘Let’s Go’ as Lee Dong Wook (SBS/ 2002)
‘Loving You’ as Lee Min (KBS2/ 2002)
‘Honest Living’ Lee Dong Wook (SBS/ 2002–2003/ Episode 1~123, and cameo in episode 232)
‘Land of Wine’ as Song Do Il (SBS/ 2003)
‘Merry Go Round’ as Park Sung Pyo (MBC/ 2003–2004)
‘Island Village Teacher’ as Jang Jae Doo (SBS/ 2004)
‘Precious Family’ as Ahn Jung Hwan (KBS2/ 2004–2005)
‘Hanoi Bride’ as Park Eun Woo (SBS/ 2005)
‘My Girl’ as Seol Gong Chan (2005–2006)
‘Bitter Sweet Life’ as Lee Joon Soo (MBC/ 2008)
‘Partner’ as Lee Tae Jo (KBS2/ 2009)
‘Scent of a Woman’ as Kang Ji Wook (SBS/ 2011)
‘Wild Romance’ as Park Moo Yeol (KBS2/ 2012)
‘The Fugitive of Joseon’ as Choi Won (KBS2 /2013)
‘The Story of Kang Goo’ as Kim Kyung Tae (SBS/ 2014)
‘Hotel King’ as Cha Jae Wan (MBC/ 2014)
‘Blade Man’ as Joo Hong Bin (KBS2/ 2014)
‘Bubble Gum’ as Park Ri Hwan (tvN/ 2015)
‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God’ as Grim Reaper/ Wang Yeo/ Lee Hyuk/ Kim Woo Bin (tvN/ 2016-2017)
‘Love is’ as Lee Dong Wook (OnStyle/ 2017/ Promotional web series produced for Tiffany & Co. Korea)
‘Life’ as Ye Jin Woo (JTBC/ 2018)
‘Touch Your Heart’ as Kwon Jung Rok (tvN/ 2019)
‘Search: WWW’ as Ta Mi’s ex-boyfriend (tvN/ 2019/ Cameo, episode 7)
‘Strangers from Hell’ as Seo Moon Jo (OCN/ 2019)
‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ as Lee Yeon (tvN/ 2020)
‘Bad and Crazy’ Su Yeol (tvN/ 2021)
Hosting & Variety Show
‘SBS Drama Awards’ (SBS/ 2012/ Co-host with Jung Ryeo Won)
‘Strong Heart’ (SBS/ 2012–2013/ Co-host with Shin Dong Yup)
‘Roommate’ (SBS/ 2014-2015/ Cast member season 1 & 2)
’10th Seoul International Drama Awards’ (MBC/ 2015/ Co-host with Kim Jung Eun)
‘The Body Show 3: My Body Guard’ (OnStyle/ 2016/ Co-host with Jo Yoon Hee and Jo Se Ho)
‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God Special’ (tvN/ 2017/ Co-host with Yoo In Na)
‘Produce X 101’ (Mnet/ 2019/ Host)
‘Wook Talk’ (SBS/ 2020/ Co-host with Jang Do Yeon and Jo Jung Shik)
‘Sea of Hope’ (JTBC/ 2021/ Cast member and head bartender)
‘I Love You’ by Lee Jae Hoon (2005)
‘Bye Bye Bye’ by Monday Kiz (2005)
‘Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter’ by Suho ft. Kim Tae Woo (2006)
‘Lost in the Forest of Love’ by Jed ft. Im Chang Jung (2007)
‘Bad Boy’ by Jed feat. Bobby Kim (2007)
‘As Much as We Loved’ by Suho ft. Park Sang Joon (2008)
‘Missed Call’ by Suho ft. Kim Bu Soo (2009)
‘Dandelion’ by Zozo ft. Park Ji Heon (2010, also director)
‘Replay’ by Kim Dong Ryool (2011)
‘Cosmic Girl’ by Kim Tae Woo (2013)
‘I Still’ by Soyou, Sung Si Kyung (2017)
If you have more fun facts about Lee Dong Wook, write down in the comment section below!