Lee Jong Suk Profile
- Birth Name: 이종석 (Lee Jong Suk)
- Stage Name: Lee Jong Suk
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1989.09.14
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Chinese Zodiac: Snake
- Height: 186 cm (6’10″)
- Weight: N/A
- Blood Type: A
- Agency: A-Man Project
- Debut: 2011
- Personal Social Media: Instagram, Weibo
Lee Jong Suk Facts & TMI
- Lee Jong Suk was born in Suwon and grew up in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do.
- His family consists of mother, father, a younger brother, and a younger sister.
- He belongs to Gyeongju Lee’s clan.
- Before venturing into acting, Lee Jong Suk was active as a fashion model.
- He was the youngest model to walk the Seoul Fashion Week.
- Lee Jong Suk debuted as a model in 2005 at the age of 16 (Korean age).
- He appeared in 2NE1’s ‘I Don’t Care’ MV.
- With his long experience, he was a top model during 2005~2010, became a muse for various local clothing brands including Beyond Closet.
- In 2010, he made an acting debut through ‘Prosecutor Princess’ as supporting character Lee Woohyun.
- He received attention from the public for the first time after portraying the character Han Taesun in the 2010 mega-hit drama ‘Secret Garden’.
- In 2011, he got his first lead role in the sitcom ‘High Kick: The Revenge of The Short-Legged’ as Ahn Jong Suk.
- He became a temporary MC for SBS Inkigayo from between August and December 2012.
- Lee Jong Suk popularized the aegyo “Ppuing Ppuing” that were shown in the sitcom. It becomes one of the most popular catchphrases that year.
- Lee Jong Suk reached a breakthrough in his career in 2013 after starring in drama ‘School 2013’ that helped him land the main role Park Sooha in SBS drama ‘I Can Hear Your Voice’ alongside Lee Bo Young.
- Through ‘School 2013’, Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin rose to stardom with their bromance chemistry. Both of them even landed a beer CF in 2013. The two stay as best friends until now.
- Lee Jong Suk is known for his eyes in selecting successful drama projects, almost all of his dramas were popular among the public.
- He is very quiet and shy. His face will turn red and he’ll start sweating when he’s feeling awkward.
- He is a homebody.
- He can’t really drink alcohol.
- He is a smoker.
- He is often spotted hanging out with his mom.
- Lee Jong Suk is famous for his uncanny resemblance to After School’s Nana, they even share the same blood type and birthday.
- He’s a 4th dan black belt in taekwondo.
- He is known as a drama enthusiast, he shared that watching dramas is his only hobby.
- He is said to be bad at singing and dancing.
- According to fans who met him in person, Jong Suk has very fair and pale skin.
- He is taking a master’s degree in Movie and Acting at Konkuk University.
- It is said that he has ugly(?) handwriting.
- According to actor friend Yoon Kyun Sang, although he basically has a shy personality, Jong Suk will turn into a cute little brother when he’s getting closer to someone.
- He started his military duty as a social service worker from March 8, 2019, to January 2, 2021.
- He was assigned to social service due to a car accident he suffered when he was 16.
- Strangely, he has a lot of successful dramas that were broadcasted on SBS.
- When asked who is his ideal type, he always mentioned Lee Na Young. In 2018, he finally became a successful fanboy after the two acted together in tvN drama ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’.
- He is best friends with actor Kim Woo Bin, Yoon Kyun Sang, and actress Lee Sung Kyung.
- He owns a cafe in Seoul called 89 Mansion.
- Lee Jong Suk is one of the most prominent hallyu stars with nearly 20 million Instagram followers.
‘Sympathy’ as Lee Hansol (2005)
‘Ghost’ as Baek Hyunwook (2010)
‘As One’ as Choi Kyungsub (2012)
‘R2B: Return to Base’ as First Lieutenant Ji Seokhyun (2012)
‘The Face Reader’ as Kim Jinhyeong (2013)
‘No Breathing’ as Jeong Woosang (2013)
‘Hot Young Bloods’ as Kang Joonggil (2014)
‘V.I.P’ as Kim Gwangil (2017)
‘The Witch: Part 2’ as Cameo (2021)
‘Decibel’ as TBA
‘Prosecutor Princess’ as Lee Woohyun (SBS/ 2010)
‘Secret Garden’ as Han Taesun (SBS/ 2010)
‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’ as Ahn Jongsuk (MBC/ 2010~2011)
‘My Prettiest Moments’ as Yoon Junghyuk (KBS2/ 2012)
‘School 2013’ as Go Namsoon (KBS2/ 2012~2013)
‘I Can Hear Your Voice’ as Park Sooha (SBS/ 2012)
‘Potato Star 2013QR3’ as Jongsuk, cameo episode 15 (tvN/ 2012)
‘Doctor Stranger’ as Park Hoon (SBS/ 2014)
‘Pinocchio’ as Choi Dalpo/ Ki Hamyung (SBS/ 2014~2015)
‘W’ as Kang Chul (MBC/ 2016)
‘Gogh, The Starry Night’ as Song Daeki, cameo episode 5 (Sohu & SBS/ 2016)
‘Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bokjoo’ as Jongsuk, cameo episode 2 (MBC/ 2016)
‘7 First Kisses’ as Lee Jongsuk, episode 6–7 (Naver TV Cast/ 2016/ web drama)
‘While You Were Sleeping’ as Jung Jaechan (SBS/ 2017)
‘The Hymn of Death’ as Kim Woojin (SBS/ 2018)
‘Romance Is a Bonus Book’ as Cha Eunho (tvN/ 2019)
‘Jade Lover’ as Youku (TBA)
‘I Don’t Care’ by 2NE1 (2009)
‘Don’t Play Around’ by CHI CHI (2011)
‘Lost’ by Nicole Jung (2012)
‘My Valentine’ by Jung Yup (2015)
‘Love is’ by Davichi (2016)
‘Inkigayo’ (SBS/ 2012/ temporary MC)
‘2012 KBS Drama Awards’ (KBS2/ 2012)
Variety Show (As guest)
‘Happy Together’ (KBS2/ 2012)
‘Running Man’ (SBS/ 2013/ episode 138)
‘Hwasin: Controller of the Heart’ (SBS/ 2013)
‘Running Man’ (SBS/ 2014/ episode 181)
‘Three Meals a Day: Seaside Ranch’ (tvN/ 2017/ episode 8-9)
If you have more fun facts about Lee Jong Suk, write down in the comment section below!