Hwang Minhyun Profile
- Birth Name: 황민현 (Hwang Minhyun)
- Stage Name: Hwang Minhyun
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1995.08.09
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Chinese Zodiac: Pig
- Height: 181 cm (5’93”)
- Weight: 67 kg (147.7 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Agency: Pledis Entertainment
- Debut: 2012
- Personal Social Media: Instagram, Photography Instagram, Twitter
Hwang Minhyun Facts & TMI
- Hwang Minhyun was born and grew up in Busan.
- He lived with his grandmother, parents, and an older sister (born 1994).
- His family is raising a Dachshund puppy called Mell.
- He graduated from SOPA and now attending Hanyang University, K-POP department.
- Minhyun debuted in 2012 as a member of Pledis Entertainment’s quintet NU’EST and re-debuted as a member of ‘Produce 101 Season 2’ project group Wanna One in 2017.
- He made a debut as an actor in 2020 through JTBC drama ‘Live On’.
- Before his official actor debut, Hwang Minhyun starred in the musical Marie Antoinette in 2019.
- After NU’EST completed its contract with Pledis Entertainment, the group officially disbanded in March 2022. He began his career as a solo artist afterward.
- During his participation in ‘Produce 101 Season 2’, Minhyun was voted 4th as the most handsome trainee by other participants.
- Even after debuting with Wanna One, he became one of the visuals of the group.
- He has a modelesque physique with long legs and six-pack abs.
- Hwang Minhyun’s MBTI is ESFJ.
- He is very upright and is known to be a neat freak because he has sensitive skin and several allergies.
- His hobbies are cleaning and organizing his belongings.
- Because he is sensitive to scents, he uses various types of air refreshers such as scented candles, diffusers, and incense sticks.
- Minhyun collects an extensive variety of perfumes, including Kiehl’s Original Musk, Jo Malone Frangipani Flower Cologne, Diptyque (Vetyverio, Philosykos, Fleur de Peau, Eau de Minthe), Le Labo (Another 13, Fleur D’Oranger 27, Bergamote 22), Byredo (Mojave Ghost, Oud Immortel), Maison Margiela ‘REPLICA’ By The Fireplace, Maurice Roucel Musc Ravageur, L’Artisan Parfumeur MONT DE NARCISSE, Van Cleef Arpels, Creed (Silver Mountain Water & Tabarome Millesime), Tiffany&Co Eau de Parfum, Annick Goutal Duel, Etro Musk, Santa Maria Novella, The Body Shop White Musk, and Penhaligon’s Endymion (compiled by @desertfoxhmh on Twitter).
- Although he is seemingly calm, Minhyun is quite a jokester.
- He has become the ambassador for luxury brand Moncler since 2019.
- He also modeled for Jo Malone and Guerlain Paris.
- His fandom is called Hwangdo.
- His childhood dream was to be a president.
- He is good at taking photos.
- He owned a puppy plushie bought by his mother that he always hugs when he sleeps. He named the doll Dung.
- He was cast by Pledis in the third grade of middle school and moved to Seoul soon after.
- He used to speak in Busan accent, but Pledis CEO advised him to fix his accent.
- He is very obedient to his mom, and he learned piano, art, taekwondo, and kendo as he was told.
- He hardly cries.
- Minhyun has a small scar near his eye after an accident on a waterslide when he was a child.
- He is not good at cooking, but he enjoys cooking at home.
- He liked to sing since he was young. His favorite singer was TVXQ.
- He can play the piano.
- In May 2020, he tried a blonde concept for the first time in four years through NU’EST 8th mini-album ‘The Nocturne’.
- Many fans think he resembles a desert fox or deer.
- Minhyun used to have a lot of moles on his face, but he removed them before his debut.
- His body measurements are tops: 105; bottom: 30; feet: 275 mm.
- His vision is 1.5 for both eyes.
- Among his nicknames are Hwang, Hwangje, Hwangjegalryang, Hwang Sweet, and Desert Fox.
‘Reckless Family’ as Hwang Minhyun (MBC Every1/ 2013-2014)
‘Trot Lover’ as MC (KBS2/ 2014/ Special appearance)
‘Live On’ as Go Eun Taek (JTBC/ 2020~2021)
‘Alchemy of Souls‘ as Seo Yool (tvN/ 2022)
If you have more fun facts about Hwang Minhyun, write down in the comment section below!