Lee Jehoon Profile
- Birth Name: 이제훈 (Lee Jehoon)
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: 1984.07.04
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Chinese Zodiac: Rat
- Height: 176 cm (5’77”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143.3 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Agency: COMPANY ON
- Debut: 2007
- Personal Social Media: Instagram, Facebook
Lee Jehoon Facts & TMI
- Lee Jehoon was born and raised in Seoul.
- His family consists of mother, father, and an older sister.
- He belongs to Gyeongju Lee’s clan.
- Lee Jehoon is currently living with his parents, it is rumored that Jehoon is living upstairs SHINee’s Taemin in the same apartment building.
- He developed his dream to be an actor since he was a teen after his father bought him a videotape player, since then he has been watching at least 1 movie per day that he rented from the videotape shop in front of his house.
- His parents were originally against his decision to be an actor.
- Jehoon, a natural science major in high school, eventually enrolled in the prestigious Korea University Sejong Campus majoring in Biotechnology.
- During his second year at university (2004), he finally transferred from Korea University Sejong Campus to Korea National University of Arts (Drama and Acting Department) to pursue an acting career.
- He started his acting career in 2005 by starring in many drama stages, short movies, or independent movies until 2009.
- His official debut movie is a short movie called ‘They Live By Night’.
- Lee Jehoon had his breakthrough in 2010 for his role in the indie movie ‘Bleak Night’. The following year, he achieved critical acclaim through his performance as army commander in the movie ‘The Front Line’ in 2011.
- In 2012, he appeared in the movie ‘Architecture 101’ and gained mainstream popularity as the Nation’s First Love alongside Suzy.
- During the 2011-2012 award season, he dominated the best new actor nomination with his performance in ‘Bleak Night’ and ‘The Front Line’, it was Lee Jehoon in ‘Bleak Night’ vs Lee Jehoon in ‘The Front Line’.
- His appearance in 2016’s hit drama ‘Signal’ brought him massive popularity and created the Park Haeyoung syndrome in South Korea (Park Haeyoung is his character in the drama).
- He has received more than 20 awards throughout his career.
- His MBTI personality type is ENTP.
- He is known as one of the actors with a “clean” image in South Korea.
- In contrast with his seemingly cold and serious persona, Lee Jehoon is actually playful and cute.
- He has a niece and a nephew from his older sister.
- He was a member of the dance club during his sophomore days in university, therefore he is quite good at dancing.
- He is also good at singing.
- He mentioned ‘Time’ by Kim Dohyang and ‘I Want to Walk’ by Cho Yongpil as songs that cheer him up when he’s down.
- He loves listening to hip-hop music, such as songs from singer ph-1 and Code Kunst.
- He is a fan of G-Dragon and Bigbang.
- He will touch his ears or cover his cheeks when he’s shy or flustered.
- He once went viral on Korean community sites for his cute Kakaotalk typing style during his appearance in the travel documentary show ‘Traveler (in Cuba)’ with Ryu Junyeol.
- He is a fan of the baseball team KIA Tigers.
- He is still riding his first Mini Cooper car that he’s been using for 11 years.
- He received a BMW i8 supercar endorsement in the past.
- His favorite ice cream flavor is mint-choco.
- When he was still a rookie actor, he starred in a BL movie titled ‘Just Friends’.
- He loves Skittles.
- He revealed that recently he’s into street fashion and Jordan sneakers.
- His most noticeable physical appearances are his sharp nose and youthful face.
- He shared that he’s a fan of popular TV character Peng Soo.
- His close celebrity friends are Park Jungmin, Jung Haein, Han Yeri, Honey Lee, Kwon Yul, Byun Yohan, and Cho Jinwoong.
- He loves listening to music while in the bathroom, so he installed a CD player in his bathroom.
- He relieves stress by listening to music, watching TV, or reading fan letters.
- His lifetime dream is to own a theater or cinema where he can show indie movies.
- He said that if he didn’t become an actor, he would run a cafe where people can rent movies and listen to music.
- His goal is to make people continually think that he’s a good actor.
- He also starred in several music videos such as ‘Home’ by Brown Eyed Soul, ‘With You’ by Crush, and ‘Reconnect’ by Code Kunst, Simon Dominic, and Choi Junghoon of Jannabi.
- He also sang OSTs for the drama ‘Fashion King’ titled ‘Love Like This’ and ‘The Person That Makes You Happy’ for the movie ‘My Paparotti’.
- He served as a police officer for his military duty from October 25, 2012 ~ July 24, 2014.
- He can’t cook.
- His favorite foods are nurungji and tteokbokki.
- He passed out and had to be taken to the emergency room when shooting his first smoking scene in ‘Bleak Night’. He also said in an interview, that during ‘Move to Heaven’ filming he passed out again from filming too many smoking scenes.
- After shooting the smoking scene, he was addicted to cigarettes, but he currently refrains himself from smoking.
- He’s friends with rapper Simon Dominic.
- In June 2021 he founded an agency called COMPANY ON to manage his activities as an actor. He also serves as the CEO of the agency.
- He always plays drama/ film characters that are younger than his real age.
- He can speak English.
- He is a fan of band HYUKOH.
‘They Live by Night’ as Private Shin (Short films/ 2007)
‘Placebo’ (Short films/ 2007)
‘Small Town Rivals’ as Chunsam’s friend (2007)
‘Ah Man’ (Short films/ 2008)
‘Holy Vacation’ as Kang Youngwoon (Short films/ 2008)
‘Just Friends?’ as Seok-i (Short films/ 2009)
‘Language Life’ as Kyungmin (Short films/ 2009)
‘When Winter Comes’ (Short films/ 2009)
‘The Pit and the Pendulum’ as young Sangtae (2009)
‘The Influence’ as Sunjong (2010)
‘The Servant’ as Hanbok maker (2010)
‘Finding Mr. Destiny’ as Woohyung (2010)
‘Maldives Express’ as Eunseok (Short films/ 2010)
‘A Dog Came Into My Flash’ as Son (Short films/ 2010)
‘Miss Communication’ as Male book designer (Short films/ 2010)
‘Ghost (Be With Me)’ as Kim Seyoung (Short films/ 2010)
‘Bleak Night’ as Gitae (2011)
‘The Front Line’ as Captain Shin Ilyoung (2011)
‘Architecture 101’ as Lee Seungmin in the past (2012)
‘Ghost Sweepers’ as Sukhyun (2012)
‘Rise of the Guardians’ as Jack Frost (voice actor) (2012)
‘An Ethics Lesson’ as Kim Junghoon (2013)
‘My Paparotti’ as Lee Jangho (2013)
‘Phantom Detective’ as Hong Gildong (2016)
‘Anarchist from Colony’ as Park Yeol (2017)
‘I Can Speak’ as Park Minjae (2017)
‘Time to Hunt’ as Joonseok (2020)
‘Collectors’ as Kang Donggu (2020)
‘Three Sisters’ as Kim Eungook (SBS/ 2010)
‘Fashion King’ as Jung Jaehyuk (SBS/ 2012)
‘Secret Door’ as Yi Sun (SBS/ 2014)
‘Signal’ as Park Haeyoung (tvN/ 2016)
‘Tomorrow, With You’ as Yoo Sojoon (tvN/ 2017)
‘Where Stars Land’ as Lee Sooyeon (SBS/ 2018)
‘Hot Stove League’ as Lee Jehoon (Cameo/ SBS/ 2020)
‘Taxi Driver’ as Kim Dogi (SBS/ 2021)
‘Move to Heaven’ as Jo Sanggu (Netflix/ 2021)
‘Unframed’ TBA (Watcha/ 2021)
‘HOME’ by Brown Eyed Soul (2015)
‘With You’ by Crush (2019)
‘RECONNECT’ by Code Kunst, Simon Dominic, and Choi Junghoon of Jannabi (2020)
‘Love Like This’ (Fashion King OST/ 2012)
‘The Person That Makes You Happy’ (My Paparotti OST/ 2013)
‘Running Man’ as guest for episode 298, 526 (SBS/ 2016, 2020)
‘Thee Meals a Day: Seaside Ranch’ as guest for episode 4 & 5 (tvN/ 2017)
‘Happy Together’ as guest (KBS2/ 2012, 2016)
‘Infinite Challenge’ as guest (MBC/ 2016)
‘Please Take Care of My Refrigerator’ as guest (JTBC/ 2016)
‘2018 SBS Drama Awards’ as host (SBS/ 2018)
‘Traveler’ as fixed cast (JTBC/ 2019)
‘My Little Old Boy’ as guest (SBS/ 2020, 2021)
If you have more fun facts about Lee Jehoon, write down in the comment section below!